I love exposing young people who are doing extraordinary things to my people right here. So today, I am proud to introduce to you a brilliant young lady, a lawyer and entrepreneur whose brand has a lot of potential. Enjoy the ride and the cushions.
1.Who is Kanyunyuzi Adrine?
Adrine is a simple lady with crazy ambitions and goals. She is a born again believer and holds a law degree from Makerere University. She is the founder of Kanyu Interiors, a home improvement brand that focuses on turning houses into homes. Kanyu Interiors has currently stocked versatile cushions that can be used in your living rooms, bedrooms, for picnics, bridal showers and baby showers.
2.Briefly share on the Origin of Kanyu Interiors.
(well this one is funny) I was tired of being broke and having everybody tell me that the only cure for that was to get a job.I wasn’t anywhere near qualified for all the jobs that I came across so I decided to take things into my own hands. I prayed to God to show me the way forward because as you know “man makes plans but God determines his steps.”I needed Him to show me what to do and He did. The answer came to me in the night and I got up and wrote it down. It came to me and just wouldn’t leave, it was everywhere, I would visit homes or places and just obsess over the decor or start changing it in my head till I eventually started Kanyu Interiors.
3.How long has it been running?
Believe it or not, it made a year in February,2018. Just that it has had a number of challenges from lack of clients to even actually almost going under one time.
4.Do you make the cushions yourself?
Yes, and No, we offer both customized and ready made cushions to our clients. So the customized ones are designed with the client and I get down to business while the ready made are ready for purchase any time.
5. Have you faced any hiccups while running Kanyu Interiors? If yes, what have they been?
Yes, I have had my own share of hiccups. People don`t appreciate the product so they are always looking for a bargain yet a lot goes into a product thus the price. Also,competition is always alert and watching and this keeps you on your toes.
6. Many businesses in Uganda struggle with financial systems which ruin their businesses, because business money becomes personal money. How are you handling your financial system?
All money received is immediately deposited in the bank thanks to mobile money and access is only to purchase more items for sale. In the initial stages of the business, I stole from the business.I made the business money my personal money but I realized I was shooting myself in the foot.Accountability is key. I got a mentor who is running a business too to guide me and follow up on me in this area and to ensure I grow Kanyu Interiors.
7.Future prospects for Kanyu Interiors.
To be a one stop shop area for home decor that is unique and caters to each and every individual’s beautiful tastes for generations to come.
8.Share a few tips for anyone who is planning to start a business.
- I know this sounds cliche but don’t give up!!Find something that you love or are willing to develop and just work on it every day.
- Always be hungry for knowledge and fill yourself with knowledge and master your business.
- Do courses -online or physical classroom courses and read books.Also,practice that skill till you harness it.
- Be ready to put in the work so that you can get the results that you desire.
- Involve God in all your plans, seek Him and let Him guide because in Him you will find peace even when you have no clients and you just want to give up, you will find your peace and hope in Him.
To make your cushion orders,Call or whatsapp 0700215200.
Follow Kanyu Interiors on Instagram : kanyu_interiors , FB:Kanyu Interiors, Twitter:Kanyuinteriors for cushion orders, organization hacks and tips and so much more.
Go ahead and place your order as soon as you read this. Let us support our very own.
Photo courtesy: Adrine Kanyunyuzi