By Agatha, Founder, Happy Plates
I love cooking because it is versatile. I can pretty much create whatever I need in my kitchen without purchasing it. I enjoy babrque sauce and I know hat many people like it too but might not be able to buy it all the time. So today, I will share a simple homemade babrque sauce recipe.
What you will need:
- 8table spoons of your favourite ketchup or tomato sauce for my Ugandan people.
- 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite honey
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Whisk all ingredients and serve.
- Alternatively, you could heat up your mixture on low heat for 1-2 minutes and serve when it cools.
- You can serve this sauce immediately on sausages, chicken, pork, salads and so much more.
How to store your homemade Bbq sauce
If you have made leftover Bbq sauce, store it in a mason jar or an airtight container and keep it in the fridge until the next use during the week.
How long does it last?
A week and a few days and then you can make some more.
Don`t forget to try this recipe out and tag me in your photos @happyplatescuisine with #happyplates.